Just how to write letters, essays, reports, reviews, articles.
1. INFORMAL LETTERS
2. INFORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, (Comma & Hey!) 2. START A LETTER Thank when it comes to letter that is previous apologize for not writing before, 1 or 2 questions regarding family or friends. (1 short paragraph) — Informal letters to strangers: good reason why you are writing — 3. BODY Answer the information and knowledge that you have already been told, express your interest to learn more about what was previously mentioned. Make positive comments, respond 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER with a few questions so your receiver feels, motivated to reply. Give news, be emotional, plan a date, leave contact details (1 pragraph that is short 5. CLOSING LINE (1 line 10 – 15 words) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (one or two words) You might use contractions or phrasal verbs ?
3. INFORMAL LETTER 1. Dear Martin, 2. TO START OUT A LETTER • Thank you for the letter. It was great to know from you. How’s the new baby? • thank you for your letter and sorry for not replying sooner. • Sorry We haven’t written for such a long time. I’ve been really busy lately. Which means you bought a house that is new! How can it be?
4. 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE • Love, • Lots of love, • Cheers! Take it simple! • Best wishes, • all of the best, Marking Code: Capitalization, Organisation, Punctuation, Register/Formality, Sentence Structure, Spelling, Wrong form, Word order, Wrong tense, Wrong word, Word(s) missing, Omit word. INFORMAL LETTER 5. TO FINISH A LETTER • Give my love to… • Ok, i have got to go now, so see you soon! • That’s about all. Do write soon and inform me what you’ve been doing. • I look ahead to seeing you soon. Thank you in advance for your help.
5. “Task letter”
6. 1. Hello Simon, 2. I’m glad you find attractive my country. As your friend said, i would like us to email one another to simply help me boost your English. 3. i would ike to begin by letting you know a bit about myself and my family. My name’s Ivo and I are now living in Kutna Hora, which will be about 45 minutes from Prague by car. I used to the office for a company that is medical I am just understanding how to be a salesperson. In the foreseeable future I want a job where i will travel for my work. I have already been to a few places in Europe but I’ve never been to an country that is english-speaking. I live at home with my parents, which can be convenient, as I don’t need to do much housework and my meals are cooked for me. My younger brother is their studies at university. Although he is four years younger than me, we can get on quite nicely. We both enjoy snowboarding and paid to do homework music. 4. What about you? Maybe you have gone to the Czech Republic? It could be great if you could come over one day and we could fix up a meeting. Why not let me know your plans? 5. Anyway, I must go to get on with my work! Looking forward to hearing away from you soon. 6. Best wishes, 7. Siore (180-190 words)
7. FORMAL LETTERS
8. FORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, To strangers: To whom it might concern, 2. START A LETTER State the good reason why you might be writing. (1 paragraph that is short 3. BODY Answer the information that you have been told. Give information regarding the presssing issue you are currently talking about. Respond the task references 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER by expressing what would you like to get because of this or answer. (Offer solutions, ask for something in return). Leave contact details (1 short pragraph ) 5. CLOSING LINE (look ahead to ______ing ….) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (2 words) may very well not use contractions NOR phrasal verbs ?
9. FORMAL LETTER ORGANISING THE given information firstly Secondly In addition Lastly / last but most certainly not least 5. TO GET RID OF A LETTER I am looking forward to hearing away from you soon. Don’t use contractions. Dear Sir/Madam, Dear Mr. / Mrs. Smith Yours faithfully Yours sincerely 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE yours sincerely, yours faithfully,
10. 1. Dear Mr. Smith, 2. I am writing to try to get the position of . which I saw advertised in “The Guardian” newspaper. 3. I am 23 yrs old and also at the moment I am studying … at …. .Having studied English for more than seven years I am a fluent speaker of the language. My qualifications also include Proficiency certificates in both French and German. In terms of experience is concerned, We have worked as . for . In terms of my personality, people tell me I am . 4. I feel I would be suited to this job because I. . This can give me the opportunity to ….. . I would also such as the chance to. 5. I look forward to hearing away from you. 6. yours sincerely, 7. Siorella Gonzales
11. FCE ESSAY PRIOR TO STARTING think about a remedy to the Essay question! Plan your essay. (Brainstorm for 5-10 minutes) Manage your time and effort. (Aprox. 40 minutes) WHEN YOU FINISH be sure you have expressed yourself clearly. Look at your writing for grammar & spelling mistakes. TIPS NO contractions, colloquial expressions or ‘chatty’ style. Use complex grammar structures and vocabulary that is sophisticated conditional sentences and all sorts of PRESENT,PAST, FUTURE tenses. Give your OPINION AT THE END, NOT at the start.
12. The introduction should: • Start general and go til specific • be 3 to 4 sentences long. • have a sentence or 2 in regards to the topic generally speaking. • have a sentence telling the reader if the essay will once look at or both sides regarding the issue. • have a question/idea which you will answer in your essay. (Paragraph 4) in conclusion should: • Start with :: In conclusion” ,“In the end”, “To sum up” etc… • be 2 to 3 sentences long. • Include a summary of your main points. • have a reference to the question that is originaltry to rephrase it). • have your opinion: “I believe…” I think” “I reckon” • haven’t any new information.
13. STRUCTURING YOUR ESSAY Mathematics! • Most people write about 10-12 words per line. • You have to write a total of 190 words, so you should come up with 18 lines in total. INTRODUCTION: (general thought) 3 lines (30-40 words) Paragraph 1/ Idea 1 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 2 / Idea 2 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 3 / Idea 3 4 lines (40 words) in summary, 3 lines (30-40 words)
14. OUTLINE I. INTRODUCTION II. CONTRAST OF ARGUMENTS A. ADVANTAGES B. DISADVANTAGES (ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES). C. GIVING OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ON THE TITLE. III. CONCLUSION
15. MEETING THE MARK
16. TASK 3: a. Write the first draft of the essay in a piece of paper. (10 min) b. Check your partner’s draft that is first.
17. ESSAY LINKS http://teacher.sch olastic.com/activiti es/writing/persuas iveflash/transition alwords.htm http://www.flo- joe.co.uk/fce/stud ents/writing/linkin g/ Example question In class you’ve been technology that is discussing. Now, your English teacher has asked you to write an essay. Write an essay using most of the notes and provide reasons for your point of view. You have to write your answer in 140-190 words in an style that is appropriate. Nowadays, technology is everywhere. Has technology made people’s lives better or worse? Notes talk about: 1.medical science 2.the internet 3.your idea that is own
Utilizamos cookies para asegurar que damos la mejor experiencia al usuario en nuestra web. Si sigues utilizando este sitio asumiremos que estás de acuerdo.AceptoPolítica de privacidad